Zaycon Foods has posted all their event dates, times and locations for their newest chicken and bacon event! These will be available in Pasco, Ellensburg, Moses Lake, Wenatchee and Yakima.
You will be able to place an order for the following:
- Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast – Sold in 40 lb quantities at $1.59/lb, has never been frozen and has no added hormones, additives or artificial ingredients (lowest price I have seen the chicken in a LONG time)
- Hickory Smoked Bacon – Sold in 30 lb quantities at $2.99/lb (2 cases of 15 lbs each, split in 2 packages of 7.5 lbs)
I have ordered from both events in the past and both the chicken and bacon are excellent quality. The chicken does take a little bit of prep work, as it will need to be trimmed and packed before freezing. Four of us split the bacon last time and it requires very little prep. We don’t eat bacon all the time, so splitting 4 ways was perfect for us. We are just using up the last of our bacon from last order, which was several months ago.
For more information:
- How I have personally prepped/prepared our chicken
- Ideas/recipes for using your Zaycon chicken
- Freezer Cooking Day planned around Zaycon chicken
If you want to plan an entire cooking/freezing schedule for the day you pick up your chicken, Frugal Living NW has released a fantastic eBook titled “The Ultimate Guide to Freezer Friendly Meals”. This is a great resource that will give you several options for planning for the arrival of your chicken, preparing your chicken and TONS of different recipes to try.
For those not familiar with Zaycon, you just place your order in your city, show up at the posted delivery date and time and they hand you your goods. Crazy easy.
Our local Pasco pick-up date will be Monday June 25th between 12 PM and 2:30 PM. It looks like the bacon is selling out quickly, so I wouldn’t hesitate to order if you are interested.
To find your exact location, date and time, register or log in to your account here and click on “View My Account”.
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. When you click on these links, you are supporting this blog. Thanks!