So I know that Emilie is our Nordstrom expert and I generally just buy what she tells me to because I have very little fashion sense, but this year I decided to pick out a few things myself. And then I got mad carried away and asked my husband if I could buy a few things and ended up buying ALL THE THINGS and couldn’t stop. My hope is that I won’t fall madly in love with everything and some of it won’t fit and will have to be returned. But secretly I hope that I love it all and it is all amazing and my husband will be so excited about the leather pants that he’ll forget I bought 162 extra things.
If you feel overwhelmed by the sale and need a little inspiration, here is the tiny little order I placed. I really only NEEDED a few shirts.
- Caslon Front Five-Inch Shorts $25.49 ($42.50 after sale) – These do say “best for a straight figure”, but I really need a pair of shorts so I’m hoping they fit my ginormous CrossFit thighs.
- Halogen Mixed Media Drape Neck Top $25.90 ($39 after sale) – I love that this doesn’t run super tight and could be dressed up or down. And I LOVE the price.
- NYDJ Leann Stretch Boyfriend Jeans $86.90 ($130 after sale) – I REALLY struggle to find jeans that fit, are comfortable and actually look good. Remember aforementioned giant CrossFit thighs? They generally fit through the thighs but are ginormous in the waist or fit in the waist but rip to shreds in the thighs. I’m praying that this boyfriend style with some stretch will fit the bill!
- Hue Leatherette Leggings $31.90 ($48 after sale) – Because who in their right mind doesn’t need leather leggings? And these stretch and will be fab with boots.
- Halogen Sleeveless Tie Neck Top $44.90 ($69 after sale) – I fell madly in love with this shirt when I saw it and couldn’t not have it. That is all.
- Pleione Split Neck Print Blouse $29.90 ($48 after sale) – Another fab shirt. Love that this can be dressed up or down and looks SO flattering.
- Lush Lace Shoulder Tank $21.90 ($34 after sale) – Because everyone needs an adorable fancy little tank with a keyhole closure in the back.
- Zella Live-In Reversible Capri $33.90 ($52 after sale) – I have two pairs of these in black and they are the MOST AMAZING PANTS ON THE PLANET. I wear them with everything during the cooler months and dress them up with boots, but black gets a little boring. Navy shakes things up! I’m crazy like that.
Just a reminder that the Anniversary Sale items often sell out and prices go up on August 4th, 2014. As always, all purchases at Nordstrom ship free with no minimum.
Check out all of the posts we have written about the 2014 Anniversary Sale:
- The items Emilie is buying at the sale this year
- Five Items under $10 that make great gifts
- Zella Live-In Leggings as low as $28.90 (Melody’s favorite pant. Ever.)
- Beauty Exclusives & Free Beauty Gifts ($219 of bareMinerals for $74)
- Shoes Deals for Men, Women & Kids with the best return/exchange policy
As you know from previous posts, lots of deals are to be found at higher end stores. Click here for a post with some tips I have on shopping at Nordstrom.
Let us know what great deals you find!
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. When you click on these links, you are supporting this blog. Thanks!