Now that Halloween is behind us, we are barreling into the holiday season. Just check out your Sunday newspaper, filled with ads for early Christmas sales, holiday candy, toys, toys and more toys. You can’t escape it. I LOVE this time of year, more than just about anything. I love the warmth, the fellowship, the food. And the food. And some more food. And looking at Pinterest for more holiday food ideas.
As we all know, this time of year can go by in a whirlwind of parties, gifts, errands, shopping and craziness. I wanted to take a quick look at the next few months and let you know what you can expect here at This Beautiful Frugal Life.
- Our resident recipe guru, Jessie from Bites, will be showcasing a fun holiday recipe each week.
- I will do my best to highlight fun, local holiday activities and keep you posted on what is going on in our area. Emilie will help us out with great activities in and around Seattle.
- Keep an eye out for great deals on holiday cards, we generally have TONS of deals that pop up this time of year. While my favorite site to use is Shutterfly, I will share as many as I can find across the web to help save you money.
- You will definitely see an increase in the amount of Amazon deals posted around this joint. Amazon absolutely ROCKS the holiday season. We will see huge price drops on items you are almost guaranteed to have on your gift list and in the past, they have quietly price matched some of the top sellers from other stores (including Black Friday!). Emilie and I will do our best to track down the best deals for you. Keep in mind that Amazon prices can and do change quickly, so if you see something you are interested in, I wouldn’t wait. Write out your gift list now and keep it handy so you’re not just buying gifts at random.
- If there is a specific item you are looking for this year and need some help scouting out a good deal, email me at beautifulfrugallife (at) gmail (dot) com or leave a comment on the TBFL Facebook page. I will post deals on items that I think are a good fit for my readers, but it definitely helps to have a slightly narrowed focus. I was able to track down some great prices on specific items for readers last year and it was fun to work together!
- On that note, make sure to follow This Beautiful Frugal Life on Facebook and TBFL on Twitter. All posts for the day go up on these social media sites and there are times I throw up a direct link to a deal if I don’t have time to do a full post. you can also follow me on Instagram if you want to see pictures of all the food I eat. Not joking. Don’t miss a thing this season!
While I love to scout out deals and help you save money, my primary goal for the holidays is to enjoy this time with my family and not feel like I have my nose buried in the computer. My kids are still young, so I am limited to the hours I can eke out while they are sleeping or while my husband entertains them. I do NOT want to look back on the holiday season and only remember what was on sale on Amazon. If you are looking for specific information or gift ideas, please let me know as it helps me put the time I do have to better use.
I’m really looking forward to the next few months and I hope you are too. If you have any questions, please let me know. Happy holidays!
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. When you click on these links, you are supporting this blog. Thanks!