As of mid-January 2013, This Beautiful Frugal Life is officially three years old. How can it be? It’s like my middle child, in between my two and four year old. She is time-consuming, frustrating at times, mind-blowingly fulfilling and just so darn sweet most of the time.
Over the last year, I have felt the focus of the blog gradually shift away from couponing (where it all started) to a more balanced focus of clean eating, fitness, parenting madness, functional grocery shopping, budgeting and anything else that my life is mired in at the moment. I feel like we have all come along together on this fabulous little ride, making changes in our lives as we gain more knowledge, do more research, try to make our lives more efficient and well, liveable.
I spent several hours taking a good hard look at the blog and how it is organized. I tried to only make changes that will make navigating TBFL easier, keeping the core the same. I followed the trends of the blog over the past year or so and tried to make it easier to find the things you are most interested in.
First of all, I made some serious changes to the navigation bar along the top of the blog. I chose the topics and posts that are searched the most here at TBFL and reorganized my categories a little bit.
Currently you will find:
- Budgeting – All posts pertaining to lowering and managing your budget, plus links to my huge budgeting series from 2012, my stock-up price list and more information on our personal budget.
- Family – I like to write posts about life in the trenches of parenting toddlers, generally when something strikes my fancy and I have time, which is almost never at the same moment. Here you will find links to those mayhem-filled posts, plus easy access to all posts in the My Kids Were Here series.
- Fitness – As you know, I’ve gone crazy for CrossFit, so those posts are linked here. You can also quickly access our main Goals and Results page, plus the latest clothing and gear deals.
- In the Kitchen – One of my new favorites! Here you will find recipes, easy links to my Great Food Revolution series and all things in between.
- Local – Although I live in Tri-Cities, my readership in Washington is largely split between the West and East side. I have links to separate the two for quicker access to deals and events in your area.
One of the big changes I made was to corral all posts related to “Shopping” under one tab. They used to be split between online deals and in-store deals, but I needed room on the bar for other things I thought were important (hello: FOOD) so I decided to combine them. If you are looking for the weekly or monthly match-ups for your favorite store, this is where you will find them.
My FAVORITE section on the bar (besides all the mad CrossFit love) is the new Recipe Box. You can find this under the “In the Kitchen” tab. I have spent several hours compiling all the recipes we have posted on the blog over the last few years into one easy-to-find list. They are separated by category and will be continuously updated as we post new recipes in the future. I’m so excited about this one!
Please let me know if you have any questions! I hope that the time spent here is worth it for you and crossing my fingers this makes it more efficient as well. Let me know what you think!
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. When you click on these links, you are supporting this blog. Thanks!