A Week in the Life: Final update and recap (and I need your help!)

by Melody on February 24, 2013

Welcome to Day Seven and the final update in my new series: A Week in the Life.

Each day this week, I have given you updates on how I spend my time related to saving money in general for our family.  The purpose of this series was to highlight the fact that most of what I do is NOT coupon-related (sometimes not even money-related).  Even if you aren’t clipping coupons or saving big bucks at the grocery store, just by being mindful of your spending and how you are spending your time can be huge.

:: Day One – Feeding the masses and weekly grocery shopping
:: Day Two – Stretching a meal and make ahead snacks
:: Day Three – Oreo cookies, failure into success and meal planning
:: Day Four – Homemade salsa and mad crazy amounts of sausage
:: Day Five – Shopping sales and homemade vs store-bought
:: Day Six - Homemade stock, repurposing leftovers and basketball

So that’s it for the week.  I have shared everything related to saving money that I have done.  I know it may not all be directly money-related, but I tend to look at everything in terms of “How can I do this simpler, more effective, more efficient, less expensive?”.  I put very high value on my time as well, so finding ways to save time is just like saving money in my book.

Now I need your help.

I’ve been doing a version of this series for about a year now and you all seem to really respond to it.  However, I have recently been sharing some of my grocery trips and menu plans and quite a few of you like those as well.

My question to you.

What would you like to see more?  I don’t feel like I have the time to commit to doing two separate weekly posts on this stuff, so would you rather see the basic money-saving tips, grocery shopping trips, meal plans or maybe a combination  of all three?  I want to make sure I’m spending my time wisely and writing things you can relate to and get some use from.

I’d love to hear your thoughts!

heather February 24, 2013 at 11:18 pm

I love your postings. I am so tried of everyone thinking you HAVE to have coupons to save money when you don’t. It’s the small thinks that really add up in the long run!

Bethany February 25, 2013 at 5:46 am

I agree, saving money goes way beyond coupons. I love all the different money saving tips, not just couponing! Thanks for all you do, and for letting us see a week in your life!

Karen February 25, 2013 at 11:08 am

i agree with the two commenter above. especially when you move to buying more healthful things coupons really dont play that much a part of it all when you try to move away from processed foods.

i would like a post on how to shop for fish. LOL. we aren’t big fish eaters but now we are trying to eat more. i find shopping for it so intimidating and it has gotten so expensive. plus now you have to buy responsible enviromental choices and i don’t want to eat farmed fish. and certain fish is better healthwise like salmon. we have no fish market around here either. so confusing to me. any light you can shed on that would be most appreciated. :-)

MissJay February 25, 2013 at 11:16 pm

I’m super greedy and I want it all. :)

I think you should do something like meal plans for a month, then shopping for a month, then money saving tips for a month. This way you could mix it up a bit and keep things interesting. Plus we could see how these things change through different seasons.

Brenda February 26, 2013 at 3:58 am

I like Miss Jay’s ideas!
I really enjoy your meal planning and recipes as I’m always looking for new ideas that are quick and healthy.

Melody February 26, 2013 at 7:08 am

That is a good idea and would keep things fresh!