When the amazing folks over at Compendium offered us a chance to try out the Care for Our World Play Set, I was thrilled. I have been so impressed with their products and they are a local company, with their offices in Seattle.
The box came beautifully packaged in a keepsake box with a book and a ton of punch-out animals. The kids (1.5, 3.5 and 5) and I spent an hour reading the book, punching out the animals and setting them all up to play with. Here’s a picture of my crew very focused on punching out the animals.
Things I loved:
- The quality of the cardboard was amazing, this is sturdy and will last.
- After we put it away, it all fit perfectly in the box. I hate nothing more than games/toys that can’t be easily put away. This was a breeze.
- The kids were engaged the whole time we were playing and loved the fun animals. They were so cute and whimsical.
- The message of the story was simple and sweet. It led to lots of good conversations about why we take good care of our planet and the things in it.
- I love this type of set that can be gifted to an entire family and used to encourage discussion and time together. Rather than buy each kid in a family an individual gift, this would be perfect to give to multiple kids in a wide range of ages.
If you remember, last year we got to giveaway two of their other gifts sets. A year later, they are still two of our favorite books and get used all the time. Both of these, The Tickle Monster Laughter Kit ($20.43 at Amazon) and The Boogie Monster Dance Kit ($30.93 at Amazon) are still available and would make great gifts for the children (and parents!) in your life.
They have such fun products. Make sure and check out Compendium on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest. This company is so creative, the products are all unique and make beautiful gifts. I love how the Pinterest board is organized by what type of gift the item would be appropriate for.
On to the giveaway!
Compendium has generously offered three of our readers a Care for Our World Play Set ($34.95 value). This would be so wonderful to keep for your family or give as a gift. I can’t wait to let some of our readers try it out.
To enter the giveaway:
STEP ONE: Subscribe via email by entering your email address in the box below. You will receive a daily round-up of all the great deals and fun posts found here at This Beautiful Frugal Life. Leave a comment below that you subscribed. If you already subscribe, just leave a comment that you do and skip to step two.
STEP TWO: Visit the Compendium site and let us know what other product from Compendium would you love to have?
- Follow Compendium on Facebook. Come back and leave a separate comment on this post that you have done so.
- Follow Compendium on Pinterest. Come back and leave a separate comment on this post that you have done so.
This will give you a total of four possible entries. Please make sure your email address is correct in your comment as this is the only method I have to contact you.
This giveaway will end on 12/9/12 at 8PM PST. Once I choose a winner, you will have 24 hours to respond with your contact information.