I was recently contacted by Beth of In Good Cents to review her new eBook titled “Online Couponing in a Day For Dummies”. I love the idea of a comprehensive couponing guide available in eBook format, plus I have several books in the “For Dummies” line and the format is fantastic. They are very easy to read and comprehensive, so I knew this would be along the same lines.
To start off, the title is a tad misleading. When I first heard about it, I thought it would be more about online shopping. Not the case at all. There is a little about online shopping, but the majority of the book is a fantastic tutorial on how to get started in the “real life” couponing world, including grocery and drug stores.
My favorite parts of the eBook:
- It was VERY easy to read, with basic and simple terms.
- The visual examples were really helpful, including some great comparison charts.
- Tons of suggestions on where to find coupons, how to legitimately use them and how to spot a fraudulent coupon.
- Very clearly explains store rewards and how to use them most efficiently.
- Touches on why grocery budgeting is important and how meal planning can help you save money in terms of couponing.
- Brief section on online shopping (cash back, rewards programs)
I really think this eBook would be a fantastic resource for someone who is just getting started in the world of coupon shopping. Even if you aren’t huge into shopping with coupons, but just want to learn how to lower your grocery budget, there are great tips for you as well.
This is a VERY comprehensive resource, especially for beginners. It walks you through step-by-step on how to get started in a way that is super easy to understand. You will be able to refer back to the book when you get stuck or have questions once you get started in your journey.
You can buy “Online Couponing in a Day For Dummies” for just $4.99 through Amazon or through several other sites from the book’s publisher Wiley.
Let us know if you purchase the book and have any feedback. I really think it will be a useful resource if you have given any thought to this couponing business, but were unsure where to start.
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. When you click on these links, you are supporting this blog. Thanks!