Costco: Nutiva Organic Coconut Oil $.28/ounce (AMAZING price!)

by Melody on July 25, 2012

The Little Dudes and I went out for a massive Costco haul today and I stumbled across this deal.  I think I may have literally died and gone to heaven.  I was so excited that I talked to myself for a few minutes in the aisle, tried to call Emilie to tell her about it. I told the boys about how great the deal was and they responded by punching each other in the head.  I had to look at the sign about 17 times before I actually believed it.

Point?

This is a fantastic deal.

Costco now sells Nutiva Organic Coconut Oil (78 oz) for just $21.99.  This works out to just $.28 per ounce, an almost unheard of price for coconut oil.  Nutiva is great quality and I can 99.9% guarantee you that you won’t find a better deal anywhere.

Please note: Your local Costco may not carry this item yet or at all.  They do tend to vary store to store, but I would almost say this is worth making a special trip for.

Wondering what to do with coconut oil?  Read why we replaced all hydrogenated oils in our house or check out my Coconut Oil Recipes + Uses Pinterest board.

Don’t miss out on this month’s Costco home mailer coupon match ups, good through August 5th.

Mary July 27, 2012 at 8:19 pm

I did the same thing. I had to take a picture with my phone to look at at home to make sure I wasn’t hallucinating. :P I am buying one tub every week to stock up. Of all the oils I’ve used, this is the best tasting coconut oil available.

Angie July 29, 2012 at 2:53 pm

Thanks for this! Does this type taste/smell like coconut?

Melody July 30, 2012 at 5:23 am

It definitely has a faint hint of coconut. Don’t quote me exactly on this, but this is what I remember reading. The less it smells like coconut, the more processed it is. To get rid of the smell and make a more neutral tasting oil, it goes through a higher-heat processing which destroys some of the nutrients. It’s the same with olive oil. It’s definitely not super strong, but it is there. Really yummy though!

Kiki November 4, 2012 at 11:48 am

You can buy MCT oil that has many of the benefits of coconut oil, but it doesn’t have the coconut taste. MCT oil is made from coconut oil and stands for medium chain trygliceride. Only at healthfood stores, possibly and online. I use it for frying and baking.

Midnite Mike January 6, 2013 at 6:50 pm

Coconut oil is a medium chain tryglyceride. Don’t know what the health food store charges for MCT oil, but probably way more than extra virgin coconut oil which is what MCT oil is.

Lori August 10, 2013 at 7:54 am

I get 32 oz. for 4.79. Why would I buy in bulk if I can find it for less elsewhere?

Melody August 10, 2013 at 8:36 am

You’ll have to be more specific. Do you get this brand, where do you get it at? This is honestly the cheapest per ounce for a good quality oil I’ve found by far!