Costco: Home Mailer Coupon Matchups 5/10 – 6/3

by Melody on May 8, 2012

The new Costco coupon mailer starts this Thursday May 10th.  I ran in to the store this week to check on prices for you, here are some of my favorites.  These prices were gathered from my local store, so your prices may vary slightly.

{GROCERY DEALS}

Nature’s Path Pumpkin Flax Granola (35.3 oz) on sale $4.49 (limit 2)
*This is like paying around $1.50 per traditional-sized box, great deal!

Cinnamon Toast Crunch (51.7 oz) priced at $7.29
Use $2.25/1 coupon from home mailer (limit 2)
$5.04 each after coupon
*Like paying around $1.16 per 12 oz box

Quaker Chewy Granola Bar Variety Pack (60 ct) priced at $10.99
Use $3/1 coupon from home mailer (limit 2)
$7.99 each after coupon or just $.13/bar

Food Should Taste Good Chips (24 oz) on sale $4.29 (no limit)
*This is like paying just over $1 for the smaller-sized bags, great price!

Cheez-It Crackers (48 oz) priced at $7.99
Use $2.50/1 coupon from home mailer (limit 2)
$5.49 each after coupon
*Like paying just over $1 for the smaller-sized boxes

San Pellegrino Sparkling Fruit Beverage (24 pack, 11.15 oz) on sale $11.74 (limit 4)
*Just $.49 each, great for a summer party!

Starbucks Bottled Frappuccino (12 pack) on sale $13.69 (limit 2)
*At $1.14 each, this doesn’t seem that great to me.  I guess it’s cheaper than a latte?

Propel Zero (24 pack) on sale $8.99 (no limit)
*Just $.37/bottle

V8 V-Fusion Variety Pack (24 pack, 11.5 oz) priced at $14.99
Use $3.75/1 coupon from home mailer (limit 2)
$11.24 each after coupon or $.47 each

Lipton Diet Green Tea (24 pack, 16.9 oz) priced at $13.69
Use $2/1 coupon from home mailer (limit 2)
$11.69 each after coupon or $.48 each

Joint Juice Glucosamine Chondroitin (30 pack, 8 oz) on sale $11.59 (no limit)
*Just $.39 each, which seems good.  I couldn’t decide whether to put this under grocery or non-grocery!

Sabatasso’s Pizza Singles (12 pack) on sale $7.99 (limit 10)
*Just $.67/pizza, seems like a decent price for a quick lunch

Kraft American Singles (96 ct) priced at $10.99
Use $3.50/1 coupon from home mailer (limit 5)
$7.49 each after coupon or less than $.08/slice

M&M’s Peanut or Milk Chocolate (56 oz) on sale $7.74 (limit 2)
*Like paying about $1.25 per smaller-sized bag

Frito Variety Pack (30 ct) on sale $8.59 (no limit)
*Just $.28 per snack-sized bag

{NON-GROCERY DEALS}

Bounty Paper Towels priced at $19.99
Use $2/1 coupon from home mailer (limit 2)
$17.99 after coupon or less than $.02 per square foot

Charmin Toilet Paper (30 ct) priced at $16.99
Use $2/1 coupon from home mailer (limit 1)
$14.99 after coupon or less than $.02 per square foot

Scotch-Brite Sponges (21 ct) priced at $13.39
Use $2.50/1 coupon from home mailer (limit 4)
$10.89 each after coupon or $.52/sponge

Reynold’s Wrap Aluminum Foil (2 150′ rolls) priced at $13.69
Use $3.50/1 coupon from home mailer (limit 3)
$10.19 each after coupon
*This works out to just $.85 per 25′ roll, which are the ones we generally see on sale

All Free & Clear (120 load) priced at $11.99
Use $2.50/1 coupon from home mailer (limit 5)
$9.49 after coupon or less than $.08/load
*Definite stock-up price

Tide Laundry Detergent starting at $19.99
Buy 1 Tide Laundry Detergent (110 load) $19.99
Use $2.50/1 coupon from home mailer (limit 1)
$17.49 after coupon or less than $.16 per load

Kirkland Signature Fabric Softener Sheets (500 ct) priced at $8.39
Use $2/1 coupon from home mailer (limit 1)
$6.39 after coupon or just over $.01/sheet
*My stock-up price is $.02/sheet or less

Clorox Wipes (312 ct) priced at $12.79
Use $2.50/1 coupon from home mailer (limit 5)
$10.29 after coupon or $.03/wipe

Swiffer Dusters or Dry/Wet Cloths priced at $13.99+
Use $3/1 coupon from home mailer (limit 4)
As low as $10.99 each after coupon
*This works out to $.45/duster.  That seems really high!  Does anyone have any good suggestions for more eco-friendly and way more economical options?  I do love my duster!

Cascade ActionPacs (90 ct) priced at $16.99
Use $3.50/1 coupon from home mailer (limit 1)
$13.49 after coupon or less than $.15 per load

Cascade Advanced Power Powder or Gel (125 oz) priced at $9.49
Use $2/1 coupon from home mailer (limit 1)
$7.49 after coupon

Ziploc Storage Bags (select varieties) on sale $7.99+ (limit 5)
*Quick comparison for you: My stock-up price on the smaller boxes is $1.50/less.  A smaller box of freezer quart-sized bags has 20 bags each, at my stock-up price this would be $.07/bag.  At Costco, you would pay $7.99 for a 216-ct box, making them less then $.04/bag.  Great deal, no crazy coupon shopping trips required!

Dixie Ultra Plates (170 ct) priced at $14.65
Use $2.35/1 coupon from home mailer (limit 2)
$12.30 each after coupon
*Just $.07/plate, which seems like a good price if you are in the market for a LOT of plates

Huggies Snug & Dry Diapers priced at $39.99
Use $6/1 coupon from home mailer (limit 2)
$33.99 each after coupon or less than $.16/diaper for size 3
*We haven’t been seeing much lower than this on Huggies lately, so I’d grab a few boxes if you are in need

Huggies Baby Wipes (1000 ct) priced at $23.99
Use $5/1 coupon from home mailer (limit 2)
$18.99 each after coupon or less than $.02/wipe
*Definitely stock-up price!

Coppertone Sport SPF 30 (4 pack) priced at $15.99 (thanks Laura!)
Use $5/1 coupon from home mailer (limit 3)
$10.99 each after coupon or just $2.74 each
*We MAY be able to get sunscreen for free, but if you don’t want to chase the deals this is an AMAZING price

Aquafresh Extreme Clean Toothpaste (6 pack) on sale $8.29 (limit 2)
*I know we can usually get toothpaste for free, but generally not this variety.  This works out to $1.38/tube and this stuff is AMAZING.

Gillette Fusion ProGlide Styler/Razor + 5 Cartridges priced at $29.99
Use $6/1 coupon from home mailer (limit 2)
$23.99 each after coupon
*I’m going to be honest, I think this is a pretty good deal.  Those cartridges are dang spendy!

Nature Made CoQ10 (200 mg, 120 ct) on sale $26.99 (no limit)
*To compare, these are on sale this week at Rite Aid for $.30 per caplet.  At this price, they are $.22/caplet.  There are obviously different milligrams and varieties so check it out for yourself, but seems to be a better price.

L’il Critters Gummy Vites on sale $9.99 (limit 6)
*This works out to as low as $.03/vitamin, which just about beats any sale I’ve ever seen

Renu Fresh Multipurpose Solution (2×16 oz + 2 oz travel bottle) priced at $17.69
Use $5/1 coupon from home mailer (limit 5)
$12.69 each after coupon or $6.34 per bottle
*This is one of those items we can get for free or super cheap at the drugstore, but if you are not a coupon shopper it’s decent.

Buy one pair of eyeglasses and get $30 off second pair for same individual (no limit)
*Great deal if you need a pair of sunglasses or a back-up pair!

What will I be picking up?

When I first saw the Swiffers included in this month’s mailer, I was pretty excited.  Now that I see the price per duster, I’m a little horrified.  I haven’t seen a good deal with coupons in awhile, so I think I’m off to find a more economical option.

If I wasn’t already stocked up on most of these items, I would for sure pick up the Reynold’s Wrap, sponges and Ziploc bags.  I honestly didn’t realize how good of a deal the foil and Ziploc bags were.  I chase deals on those all the time, but I think my plan now is to just pick them up at Costco with a coupon.  Hooray for crossing one more thing off my list!  I am for sure going to  pick up the dryer sheets, because $.01/sheet is too good to pass up.

You can read all about my everyday favorite things to pick up at Costco here.

I recently updated my Pantry/Household Stock-Up List with tons of Costco prices.  If you are looking for a specific price or looking to compare a Costco price with what I consider a stock-up price, definitely check out the list.

What will you be picking up this month?

Amanda May 8, 2012 at 8:36 pm

Re:dusting. I use a microfiber mitt, the kind with little “fingers”. Like http://tinyurl.com/7kml5bg only the one I have is pink and was bought locally at BB&B or some place like that. Dust with it, then throw it in the wash! And, my son, who is 4, actually LOVES using it to dust things.

Melody May 8, 2012 at 8:47 pm

That’s a great suggestion! I have reusable mop pads that fit on my Swiffer Wet Jet that can just be thrown in the wash. I’ll check it out, thanks!

Jessica May 8, 2012 at 9:08 pm

I love my duster too, but found the name brand swiffer wipes to be too expensive. I have found just a basic old wash cloth attached to the swiffer to work just as good! I shake it out when I’m done, turn it over and use it again on the other side before throwing it in the wash with towels. It truly works just as good.

Erica May 9, 2012 at 9:17 am

There are some fun tutorials on Pintrest for how to make your own reusable ‘swiffer-like’ dusting heads out of felt or microfiber fabric. I can’t sew a stitch or I would try it too! lol

Melody May 9, 2012 at 9:44 pm

Thank you guys for the suggestions!

Erin @ Simply Frugal Mom May 8, 2012 at 9:05 pm

I love these match-ups. It’s so helpful to see to comparison prices with the smaller sizes.

As for Swiffers, check out etsy for washable refills. I’ve seen them for $3-4 a piece which definitely seems more reasonable than the ones you toss.

P.S. Thanks for recommending the Lundberg brown rice from Costco. We just bought it and it is amazing!

Melody May 9, 2012 at 9:44 pm

I will never eat another brown rice! I love the flavor so much we just eat it plain.

Catherine May 8, 2012 at 9:35 pm

I love your match ups! It’s so helpful for me. I just wanted to say that although the dryer sheets are a great price, I really didn’t like the Kirkland ones. I bought them once and had to use at least two sheets to keep static away. I’ll definitely be getting wipes and the All detergent. Thanks again!

Rebecca K May 8, 2012 at 11:15 pm

Thanks so much for posting these! i LOVE costco- but really need to be super economical right now, and being crazy busy, your posts are such a time and money saver for me!

Annie May 9, 2012 at 9:22 am

So… on the huggies wipes.. I’m due in October. I know anything under 2 cents is stock up (I’ve been watching for a year now for a g/f) – anyone have thoughts on huggies for newborns and is it worth buying now – or wait?

Emilie May 9, 2012 at 6:32 pm

I don’t think Costco has newborn diapers but they 1’s should fit a newborn. My babies were all seven lbs and they fit in 1’s from day one.

Emilie May 11, 2012 at 6:01 am

Sorry I didn’t get you were asking about wipes. I think any wipes would work for a newborn!

Kim May 9, 2012 at 9:30 pm

For my kids, when they were newborn, I really preferred Pampers Swaddlers. They are so much softer. If you can afford it, and since you have some time to shop the sales, you might check them out. The hospital I delivered at used the Swaddlers, too. You might also ask friends what they thought. Once the kids were in about size 2, I didn’t mind so much on the brand and just bought whatever was on sale. Just my experience, though!

Annie May 10, 2012 at 8:05 am

Thanks.. but I’m actually asking about the Wipes… the diapers I’m less concerned about – I have some stocked already and am having 2 showers with diaper raffles :)

Melody May 10, 2012 at 8:21 am

Huggies wipes are great! I can’t remember if these are unscented or not, that would be my only concern with buying a ton. Some babies have reactions to different kinds of wipes, so it might be worth waiting to see what works best for your babe. These go on sale every few months or so at Costco so you won’t be totally out if you don’t do it this time!

Annie May 10, 2012 at 8:36 am

PErFECTIOn! :) Thanks!

Daletta May 9, 2012 at 11:33 am

I picked up a swiffer type duster at Dollar Tree that has a washable microfiber head! Very nice & Ecofriendly! Plus it’s a cute bright blue!

Kim May 9, 2012 at 9:33 pm

Melody, do you have a food saver? If so (or if you follow refill prices) what do you think of the Costco sale on their variety pack? Anyone else have price comparison info that might be helpful? I’m not sure who has the best prices, Amazon, Costco or the Food Saver site (when they have sales).

Melody May 9, 2012 at 9:58 pm

I don’t, but I have a few friends who said they buy the refill pack at Costco when it goes on sale. I know there have been some coupons available recently, but just not sure what a great price is. I just asked on FB, so you will hopefully get some helpful comments!

Kim May 9, 2012 at 10:35 pm

Thanks, I’ll check out the fb responses. I already follow you there, too! Love having the Costco match-ups and your personal recommendations/faves. Thanks!

Helen in Meridian May 10, 2012 at 11:00 pm

My hot deal is the 3M Scissors for $7.49/3. These are terrific and guaranteed for 100,000 cuts. A coupon clippers and gift wrappers dream, these make a great gift too. Also they reduced the price on men’s Rockport quarter socks wool blend to $4.99/4 pair, making them $1.25 each.

Melissa May 13, 2012 at 7:02 pm

I echo that! I picked up a pack of these 3M scissors about a year ago and they are fantastic- nonstick, sharp, and comfortable to hold and use.

Mel May 26, 2012 at 12:40 pm

@ my Costco ( Nashua, NH) on Wednesday, I picked up the Charisma towels normally 6.99, they were 4.99. The towels are great, they are big, thirsty, and if you bought them at Macy’s, I would bet they cost you at least $18 each. They wash and bleach very well. (I do only get white ones though) $19.96 for 4 beautiful towels!