For those of you who have recently ordered 40 pounds of chicken from Zaycon Foods or are contemplating ordering the next time around, I thought I would share several of my favorite ways to freeze and cook chicken.
If you want to plan an entire cooking/freezing schedule for the day you pick up your chicken, Frugal Living NW has released a fantastic eBook titled “The Ultimate Guide to Freezer Friendly Meals”. This is a great resource that will give you several options for planning for the arrival of your chicken, preparing your chicken and TONS of different recipes to try.
If you are like me and generally just freeze all your chicken in gallon Ziploc bags to use later, definitely check out my Zaycon Foods Freezer Cooking Day. My friend Sarah and I cooked for about half a day using primarily Zaycon chicken and each ended up with about 10 full meals.
I starred all the recipes that freeze well and are great for making double batches.
- The Pioneer Woman’s Chicken Spaghetti**
- Chicken Enchilada Casserole** – I use half the cream soup
- Enchiladas with Pumpkin Sauce
Crock Pot Recipes
- Crock Pot Cream Cheese Chicken** – My husband LOVES this
- Honey Sauced Chicken**
- Crock Pot Chicken with Black Beans
- Cilantro Lime Pesto Chicken**
- White Chicken Chili**
- Roasting your own chicken
- 12th Man Hot Wings
- Thai Chicken Pizza
- Balsamic Goat Cheese Chicken
- Cashew Chicken
- Creamy Chicken Taquitos
For more ideas, check out my Recipes for Zaycon Chicken Pinterest board.