This Beautiful Frugal Life! And me, I guess. 2 years ago today this little blog went live with a name, 3 followers and a prayer. This has exceeded even my wildest expectations. Times about one million.
The blog has changed and morphed and reinvented itself. I have changed and morphed and reinvented myself. I have hired 2 people to work for me. I get to work with some amazing companies to give you some amazing products. I get to write about things I love every day. I get to write about myself. I get to share my fitness goals and challenges. I get to compete against other bloggers in a national competition. I get to interact with all of you every day, which makes this blog less of a job and much more of a highlight to my day.
Other amazing things from 2011
- I made the much-needed switch from Blogger to WordPress and actually paid someone to redesign my entire site.
- This time last year, I had posted 1,398 times. As of today, I have 3,237 posts. That’s an average of 5 posts per day. Who has that kind of time?
- This time last year, I didn’t even have a Facebook page. As of today, 2,755 of you follow me on Facebook. Every time I post on Facebook, I am humbled and amazed that 2,755 could potentially see what I wrote.
- I started getting up at 5 AM every morning. I’m sure this has seriously surprised by mother, who somehow survived the “Teenage Years” with me where I made anyone who even looked at me late for something.
- I turned 30 and actually really enjoyed it. Might be because I celebrated in Vegas.
- My kids turned 3 and 1. My little brother graduated high school and started college. My husband and I celebrated our 6-year anniversary.
- We’re debt free again as of December 2011! (Didn’t I mention? I’m waiting until we purchase our washing machine to tell you. It’s an interesting story.)
There’s 2011 in a very short nutshell. I don’t think it’s possible that any of you realize how much it means to me to have you as a community. Especially those who have stuck with me from the beginning. For most of you, I have no idea how you found me, but you are welcome here every day.
Here’s to an amazing 2012.
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. When you click on these links, you are supporting this blog. Thanks!