Costco: Home Mailer Coupon Deals (starting 2/2)

by Melody on January 31, 2012

The new Costco coupon mailer starts this Thursday February 2nd.  I ran in to the store this week to check on prices for you, here are some of my favorites.  These prices were gathered from my local store, so your prices may vary slightly.

{INSTANT SAVINGS DEALS}
*Your savings will come off automatically, no coupons required

Kirkland Signature Take & Bake Pepperoni Pizza on sale $5.99 (no limit)

Mary’s Gone Crackers (organic/gluten free, 20 oz) on sale $4.99 (no limit)

GoGo Squeez Applesauce Pouches (16 ct) on sale $5.59 (no limit)
* Works out to just $.35/pouch, which is AMAZING

Kirkland Signature Disinfecting Household Wipes (220 ct) on sale $7.49 (limit 3)
* Works out to just $.03 per wipe

Finish Powerball Tablets (100 ct) on sale $11.74 (limit 5)
*My store had bonus packs 100 ct + 100 ct, which would make these less than $.06 per load.  This is an AMAZING price, especially when buying in this quantity.  Check the end caps at your store for these bonus packs!

Nature Made Fish Oil (1200 mg, 375 ct) on sale $12.39
Nature Made Vitamin D3
(1000 I.U, 560 ct) on sale $10.49
*Alright, so I actually got prices on these expecting to compare them to Rite Aid, just knowing Rite Aid would be significantly cheaper with coupons.  I was totally wrong.  The Fish Oil is only a little more per capsule and the Vitamin D is actually cheaper!  I stand corrected.  There are other vitamins included on this coupon, so if you use these in large quantities, may be the time to pick up.

{COUPON DEALS}

Nature Valley Granola Bars (48 ct) priced at $12.79
Use $3.25/1 coupon from home mailer (limit 2)
$9.54 each after coupon or $.20 per bar
*This is not completely spectacular, but decent if you are a fan of Nature Valley

Nature’s Path Pumpkin Flax Granola (35.3 oz) priced at $6.99
Use $2.50/1 coupon from home mailer (limit 2)
$4.49 each after coupon
*This is like paying around $1.50 per traditional-sized box, great deal!

Yoplait or Yoplait Light (24 pack) priced at $10.99
Use $3.25/1 coupon from home mailer (limit 2)
$7.74 each after coupon or $.32 per yogurt
*My stock-up price for yogurt is around $.25/cup, but it’s been awhile since I’ve seen it that low

Kirkland Signature Diet Green Tea (35 pack) priced at $9.69
Use $2/1 coupon from home mailer (limit 3)
$7.69 each after coupon or just $.22 per bottle

California Pizza Kitchen (3 pack) priced at $12.99
Use $3.50/1 coupon from home mailer (no limit)
$9.49 each after coupon or just $3.16 per pizza

Kirkland Signature Ultra Free & Clear Laundry Detergent (120 load) priced at $14.39
Kirkland Signature Eco-Friendly Laundry Detergent (120 load) priced at $13.99
Use $2.75/1 coupon from home mailer (limit 1)
As low as $11.24 after coupon or just $.09 per load

Arm & Hammer Oxi Clean Max Liquid Detergent (160 loads) priced at $15.85
Use $4/1 coupon from home mailer (limit 5)
$11.85 each after coupon or just $.07 per load
*My stock-up price for all detergent is $.10/load or less

Oxi Clean Stain Remover (12.5 lbs) priced at $16.99
Use $4/1 coupon from home mailer (limit 5)
$11.99 each after coupon
*It’s been awhile since I’ve priced this out, at $.95/lb it seems pretty good.  Thoughts?

Bounty Paper Towels priced at $19.99
Use $2/1 coupon from home mailer (limit 1)
$17.99 after coupon or less than $.02 per square foot

Charmin Toilet Paper (30 ct) priced at $16.99
Use $2/1 coupon from home mailer (limit 1)
$14.99 after coupon or less than $.02 per square foot

Dove Bar Soap (14 pack) priced at $14.49
Use $3.50/1 coupon from home mailer (limit 2)
$10.99 each after coupon or $.79 per bar
*This isn’t amazing, but it’s decent for Dove brand loyalists, especially in this quantity

Inkjet Cartridge Refill Service (HP, Canon, Lexmark, Dell) $2 off w/ coupon (limit 2)

My Costco thoughts this month

As I mentioned above, I checked a few prices to do some comparing to Rite Aid.  I was a little surprised.  Each month from here on out, I’ll do my best to check some of the items that I may think are close or may even beat a coupon price.  I did check the Crest toothpaste as well and even with the store coupon, it is $1.69/tube.  Even the most casual of couponers can get it cheaper than this!

What will I be picking up?

We will be picking up the GoGo Squeez pouches for sure.  Even if the price is a little higher than listed, it’s still a fantastic deal.  The lowest I have seen those on Amazon or Walmart is just a little under $.50/pouch.  They are so great to have on hand for traveling or an easy, no-mess snack.  Possibly the Pumpkin Flax Granola, just because it’s crazy good.

Even with the zillions of Finish tablets I already have from the sale a few months ago, I may pick up an extra box.  Who knows how long the bonus packs will be around?  If we weren’t so well-stocked, I would snag the toilet paper and paper towels as well.  I will also be picking up some laundry detergent.  You can’t beat the price per load, nor the convenience of not having to track down a bottle with a coupon.

I recently updated my Pantry/Household Stock-Up List with tons of Costco prices.  If you are looking for a specific price or looking to compare a Costco price with what I consider a stock-up price, definitely check out the list.

What will you be picking up this month?

Stephanie January 31, 2012 at 7:13 pm

Thanks for posting this! Looks like I’m making a Costco run! =0)

michelle January 31, 2012 at 7:18 pm

Interesting thoughts on the Fish Oil, I would of thought RA would have been cheaper :)

I will be getting the Flax Granola, NV granola bars(hubbies fav), crackers, and take and bake pizza :)

Thank you for helping us all with costco!

becky January 31, 2012 at 7:33 pm

Was considering some items at Costco, but I was on the fence since I thought I could get them cheaper elsewhere. Thanks for doing the match-ups. I haven’t seen this on any other blogs.

becky January 31, 2012 at 7:42 pm

By the way, thanks for the link for the stockpile prices.

Heather January 31, 2012 at 7:54 pm

Love the Costco posts! THANK YOU! =)

Lora January 31, 2012 at 8:19 pm

Yes! LOVE the Costco match-ups! Thank you!!

Kim January 31, 2012 at 8:20 pm

FYI – I learned recently that you really only need one Costco coupon to take advantage of all the deals that you purchase. When they scan one coupon, all the savings come off. The coupon you use doesn’t even have to be an item in your cart.

If you look at the back of the coupons, you will notice that they all have the same bar code (I did notice the tire dept. was different). So, as long as they scan a coupon and you have “coupon items” in your order, all the savings will come off.

I haven’t tried doing multiple transactions to see if they track the coupon usage to your card, but I kind of think they wouldn’t. I wish I had known this when they had the organic S&W tomatoes on sale BOGO!

Emilie February 1, 2012 at 10:31 am

This is true, you just need one!

Also, I think you can go more than once on your card. I don’t think they track it.

Kathryn January 31, 2012 at 8:30 pm

I have a Costco membership, but never get the coupon mailer. How do I find these coupons? Is there a way to still get these deals? Some of these are fantastic deals this month! Thank you!

Melody January 31, 2012 at 8:34 pm

Strange that you don’t get them! I would go talk to their CS and see if you can update your address. They may have coupon booklets there too.

Catherine January 31, 2012 at 8:57 pm

Yes just check with customer service. I had the same issue and it was a problem with my mailing address. My cashiers are great though and even if I leave my coupons at home they will still ring up the discounts.

Emilie February 1, 2012 at 10:31 am

Are you sharing an account with somebody? They only mail them to the primary account holder. The second person doesn’t get them.

Jennifer April 13, 2012 at 10:27 am

I talked to Customer service when I didn’t receive my coupons and they told me it takes up to 9 months before receiving them in the mail from when you first sign up for costco.

Catherine January 31, 2012 at 8:56 pm

Thank you for doing Costco matchups! I live about 5 minutes away from one so we shop there a lot. I tend to buy a bunch of stuff from the coupon mailers but am never too sure if I’m getting a great deal. Oh and the Nature’s Path granola is soooo good. Our 7 year old loves it and since he has a peanut allergy I’m pretty sure it’s the first and only granola he’s ever had. But it was pricey so I’m glad it’s on sale!

sara gilden January 31, 2012 at 10:40 pm

The gogo Apple sauces for sure my daughter loves fruit pouches and they can get pretty spendy… Possibly the finish tabs I just bought a ton but if they have the bonus packs then I.may need to get them.. thanks for doing the Costco match ups… I love Costco and they do have things u.van save money on with out the work of coupons! Helps to have someone else doing price checks ;-)

tina January 31, 2012 at 11:48 pm

thanks for doing the math for us :) You make life for us easier!
Costco is still my favorite and I am glad to see some kind of redemption for its prices comparing to coupons :)

Holly February 4, 2012 at 10:54 am

Thanks for doing the Costco match ups. I’ve never seen another site do them and some even advise not getting a membership but I couldn’t live without mine! I think there are lots of good deals to be had and the quality of a lot of their produce and meat products are great.

Cate February 4, 2012 at 2:51 pm

I was at Costco today and didn’t see them. Anyone else having trouble finding them?