Costco: Stock-up price on S&W organic diced tomatoes, cheap baby wipes + more

by Melody on October 24, 2011

I ran in to Costco today to do a stock-up trip for the month of November and to use a few of the mailer coupons that are expiring on November 6th.  I wanted to highlight a few deals from the mailer that are totally worth heading in for.

S&W Organic Diced Tomatoes (14.5 oz, 8-pack) $7.69
Buy 2
– BOGO coupon from home mailer
$3.85 each after coupon
*This works out to $.48 per can, which is less than my stock-up price on conventional tomatoes.  I bought 4 boxes and they don’t expire until 2014!

Nestle Chocolate Chips (4.5 lb) $10.79
- $2.75/1 coupon from home mailer
$8.04 each after coupon
*This works out to $1.79/pound, which is definitely a stock-up price

Kirkland Baby Wipes (900 ct) $18.99
- $4/1 coupon from home mailer
$14.99 each after coupon or 1.7 cents per wipe
*Thanks Meghan!

Libby’s 100% Pure Pumpkin (29 oz, 3-pack) $7.59
*This works out to about $1.27 per 15 oz can, which is a good price w/out having to mess with coupons or store promotions

Now that we are entering into baking season, there are bound to be some other good deals at Costco.  I do love shopping with coupons, but I love to balance that with the convenience and good bulk price at Costco.

If you are curious what I purchase at Costco and what I consider stocking up, here’s a quick list:

Kirkland tortilla chips
Milk
Eggs
Bananas and grapes
Organic carrots
Pepperidge Farm Goldfish crackers
Pace salsa
Cranberry juice (unless I can find a good deal w/ coupons)
Sliced jalapenos
Half and half
Darigold sour cream
Lundberg organic brown rice
Taco seasoning

Please share any great deals you have found at Costco recently!

Angela Rajnus October 24, 2011 at 9:37 pm

I frequently get hummus & feta cheese–both are fairly pricey at the supermarket but great prices at Costco.

Melody October 24, 2011 at 9:41 pm

I bought Pecorino Romano there today, which was a really good reminder of why I never buy good cheese. I swear, I’ve almost eaten the entire thing by myself already.

Brenelly October 24, 2011 at 9:42 pm

I get dried cranberries and trash can bags. They last the whole year.

Katie October 24, 2011 at 10:07 pm

I always buy vanilla and yogurt there too. I know the yogurt can be cheaper on sale, but chasing yogurt sales wore me out so I just go with their consistently lower than average price and love being able to stock up. Thanks SO MUCH for including these Costco deals!!! I would have completely over looked the canned tomatoes but now I have a pantry full!

Heidi October 24, 2011 at 11:06 pm

I love their toilet paper. When ever I buy other brands on sales, I am disappointed at how fast we go through the roles. Costco TP lasts on the role wayyyyyy longer.

Anitra October 24, 2011 at 11:24 pm

I love buying their already pealed garlic for a little over 4 bucks. You get SO many garlic cloves. I just take them home, drop them in the food processor, spoon them on parchment paper like little cookies and freeze. When they’re frozen, i peel them off and put them in a freezer bag and back in the freezer for use in soups, stews, etc.

Emilie October 25, 2011 at 6:27 am

The yeast, steel cut oats, and quinoa are literally unbeatable. The prices are crazy low!

Faith October 25, 2011 at 7:52 am

I also buy the yeast, pumpkin, and used the coupons for the canned tomatoes, chocolate chips, and baby wipes this past week. I like the vanilla, I’m not sure if it’s a good deal, but one bottle of the real vanilla lasts me a whole year.

Melody October 25, 2011 at 7:53 am

That’s how I am on a few things. I’m not 100% sure it’s the best deal out there, but if it lasts me all year, I don’t stress about it too much!

Emilie October 25, 2011 at 4:44 pm

Let me assure you gals, it is a good deal. Or, at least I think so!

Jenell October 26, 2011 at 9:48 am

A friend of mine go and buy together and then split some of what we buy. You can get 26 pounds of flour for around $7. We each take home about 13 pounds and it lasts for a long time!