Amazon: Bob’s Red Mill organic oat bran hot cereal $2.25 each shipped

by Melody on June 8, 2011

Amazon has a 4-pack of Bob’s Red Mill organic oat bran hot cereal (18 oz bags) for just $9.01 shipped after your Subscribe & Save discount.  This works out to just $2.25 per bag or 12.5 cents per ounce.

I have it on very solid authority that this is a good price for this product. (Read: My resident organic expert, otherwise known as my friend Emilie)

Here’s how to score this deal:
  • Click here to order
  • Choose the “Subscribe & Save” option on the right hand side
  • Your 15% discount will be automatically applied at checkout
  • Shipping is free

Subscribe & Save does mean that you are now signed up to receive recurring shipments at whatever interval you chose. If you do not want to receive additional shipments, just go into “My Account” and click on “Manage Subscribe & Save Items”.  All you have to do is cancel your subscription, you are under no obligation to purchase additional items.

Cerise June 8, 2011 at 2:16 pm

Mel, what would you use this for?

Melody June 8, 2011 at 3:27 pm

Just like oatmeal. I’m wondering if you could add it to dishes to bulk them up or add more nutrients?

Emilie McFarlane June 8, 2011 at 3:33 pm

Comments from Amazon –

Oat bran is considered the lowest calorie grain. This, combined with a high fiber, makes it a very healthy (rich in fiber and low glycemic index) food.

When I bought it, I thought cooking is strictly needed but instead its delicious even with no cooking. I eat mine raw, with kefir, so you could you it for instance in yogurt, straight from the bag. This means less processing, so you wont increase its glycemic index by breaking down carbs through high temperatures, and you will preserve all of its nutrients.

Very good quality. I put oat bran in almost everything I bake, even commercial cake mix. It’s always undetectable and adds fiber and nutrition.

Cerise June 8, 2011 at 9:11 pm

Thank you SO much for the reply Emilie! I will order some :)

Melody June 8, 2011 at 9:17 pm

Thank goodness for Emilie, she’s very smart. :)

Emilie McFarlane June 9, 2011 at 1:04 am

I’m very good at cutting and pasting comments.