Okay, so it was more like freezer cooking DAYS, not single day. I was able to get everything accomplished that I set out to do, but I finished over the course of three days. It only took me about ten total hours, I just had to break it up. I’m really thrilled with how it all turned out. I have a freezer full of meals for after the baby comes, plus easy meals for my husband to throw in his lunch and a few sides.
I was able to make everything below:
Cream Cheese Chicken x 2
A few things I learned:
* Definitely have a babysitter. Do not attempt if you are in charge of the household. I was distracted enough as it was without having to make sure the house was still standing. A huge thanks to my mom for coming down and taking care of the little dude while I cooked.
* It was a huge help to plan the majority of the meals around one main ingredient, in my case, chicken. I had a few other types of meat in some of the recipes, but the majority was chicken and this made the process so much more streamlined. I was able to cook most of the chicken together and then divide among recipes.
* Make sure you have everything you need before you start. I had most everything, but my mom had to run out to the store for me to pick up the aluminum pans. This didn’t happen until halfway through the first day and I feel like I would have been a little more organized if I wouldn’t have had to work around the lack of pans.
* Do go through each recipe and write down what you have to chop, grate or shred. I was able to chop all my onion together and shred all my cheese together. I had all the other vegetables chopped and ready to go. Then when I got to a particular recipe, I didn’t have to stop, just threw everything in.
* Next time, I will attempt to write out a game plan. I know I won’t be able to stick to it exactly, but having an idea of what I will make in what order and possibly when to cook a certain item or when to boil pasta, it would have helped streamline the process a little.
All in all, I was really happy with how it turned out. I’m so excited to know that I have tons of meals ready and we won’t have to order out (or at least as often) after the new baby comes.