HOW WAS YOUR SHOPPING TODAY?

by Melody on March 21, 2010

Is this what your diaper stash looks like after today’s shopping trip?  Just teasing..  And no, this is NOT my stockpile either!

I want to know how your shopping trips went today?  Were you able to get everything you went for, did you have any trouble at all with your coupons?  Did you race out the door first thing to get your CRAZY cheap diapers?  Did you find any additional deals that I missed?

Believe it or not, I was at my parents overnight and did NOT get to do all these great deals for myself.  I am very lucky to have a crazy couponing friend who was willing to shop for me so I didn’t have to stress about missing out.  She did SIX transactions, three for her and three for me.  (Thanks Sarah!)

Haven’t done your shopping yet?  Check out this post here for Rite Aid’s weekly match ups.

jenhector March 21, 2010 at 10:06 pm

I was wondering why you hadn't posted anything since Friday :) Is it sad that I was beginning to worry a little bit (ER baby issues, etc?) :) Glad to see a post though! Anyway- that's great you didn't have to shop at all! I did run out this morning, our RA didn't have much of a selection of the J&J Baby stuff, so I had to redo 2 of my scenarios, but I still came out with 5pks of diapers plus all the extras, so it's all good :)

Heidi March 21, 2010 at 11:19 pm

I did great! I didn't run straight out, but went around lunchtime. there were plenty of diapers (they had them stacked up on the top shelf), so I got 4 jumbo pks, 2 pkgs wipes, 2 pkgs each of kotex tampons and pads, 4 4-pks of GE Reveal lightbulbs, 5 Johnson's baby products, and 2 tubes of Aquafor – all for $16.51 (after rebates). I forgot to print out extra Video Values coupons for the Johnson's products, and didn't have the $1/1 wipes coupons either, so could have potentially been as low as 10.51, but it was still an amazing deal! Put it together with the (free after rebates) trip I had earlier this week that included the Visine, Prevacid, 3 bottles of vitamins, 2 boxes of bandaids, and 2 sticks of deodorant, and I made a haul this week! Thank you for all the tips and links!!

Meghan March 21, 2010 at 11:38 pm

My rite aid was low on diapers too, but I managed to get my 4 packs I went in for (clearing the shelf of size 4's–sorry!). Also, scored the 2 tubs of wipes, 2 J & J baby products, and the "St.Ives BOGO Free" 2 body washes and 2 face scrubs. All the coupon scenerios you had listed went through no problem and the cashier didn't even question my huge stack of coupons! My total came to $61.00 and I paid $13.00 OOP.

Sarah March 22, 2010 at 12:00 am

WOW! What a picture! I wonder which store all of those diapers came from! I was happy to go shopping for you – everyone deserves a break now and then :-) I pretty much got the same deals as everyone else…crazy cheap diapers as well as the Johnson and Johnson items to finish up that rebate. I also got my hubby some Old Spice deodorant and Body Wash since it's his favorite! Thanks for all of the deals ideas :-)

ammie March 22, 2010 at 12:49 am

How did you get the big boxes of diapers was there another deal?

Melody March 22, 2010 at 1:30 am

Sorry Ammie, no. That was a misleading picture! It was just a funny picture about diaper stockpiles. :)

Kirstie March 22, 2010 at 2:56 am

I think that I did pretty good, especially since I got thing I really needed. I did three transactions. The first was, 3 pull-ups minus (3)$3 huggies and (3)$2 Rite Aid video coupons and the $5off$25 = $8.79. Second transaction was the same products as the first but only had 1 $3 so I had to use more $2 off so the total for the second came to $10.79. Then my husband need charcoal so I did the 2/$10 and the $3 off glad. So two (small) charcoal, 2 force flex trash yard bags ($5.99) and some filler easter candy that I needed came to $15.14. Not sure the last was the greatest deal but when I came home my husband said that we were out of yard bags, not anymore.
So I ended up sleeping longer than I wanted but I think I needed to. So I got to the Rite Aid on 20th in Pasco at 9, they had exactly what I wanted, plenty to chose from but I imagine they might not have lasted long if a few people came in and bought 6 pack each, like I did. Then I went to the dollar store next door to get my 4 sunday papers. It was a quick, producive morning. Thanks for the advice yesterday.

Meghan March 22, 2010 at 2:58 am

Just a question….when an item is buy 1 get 1 free at rite aid, can you use coupons toward the free item to lower the cost of the purchased item? I want to buy 1 body wash and use a manufacturer coupon and then get my free item and use another manufacturer coupon.

Miss Jay March 22, 2010 at 8:15 pm

5 huggies, 5 J & J bath, 3 ester C, 1 flintstones vitamins, 2 light bulbs; Grand total $12.05 OOP, submitting for $1 SCR. Woohooo I love couponing!!

Ester C is BOGO if you can find any. The small packs are $8.49, there are $5 manis and $1 video value coupons – making them a GREAT deal.

Melody March 22, 2010 at 8:27 pm

I LOVE reading all of your success stories and hearing of the deals that you figured out on your own. Thanks for the great tip on the Ester C, Miss Jay!

Can you believe we ever used to pay full price for diapers??? Okay, I don't think I ever did.. But seriously, when these kinds of deals are available, why would you?

Glad everyone did so well!

Melody March 24, 2010 at 10:50 pm

Meghan – I'm sorry, this comment just popped up for me today (3/24). You can use two coupons on a BOGO sale. Essentially, it is the same as getting two items at 50% off, in which case you would definitely be able to use two coupons.

I have done this several times before with no problems!